The Old Town Triangle Association is a community-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for residents who live in an area of the City of Chicago bounded by North Avenue, Clark Street, and the ghost of Ogden Avenue (“the Triangle”). The OTTA is housed in a historic building that hosts art classes, fitness classes, neighborhood meetings and is the epicenter of the Old Town Art Fair.
The Administrative Assistant will work the Director of Operations and the Board of Directors on various types of projects from basic office management to social media engagement and event promotion. The OTTA seeks an individual with excellent writing skills, an interest in arts education, community engagement, event promotion, and arts administration through the prism of nonprofit management. The successful applicant will work an average of 20 hours a week. Hourly salary is $17 per hour based on experience and skills.
Administrative Assistant | Old Town Triangle Association
Skills & Qualifications
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Association website: keep content current, update calendar, etc.
- Coordinate free media for art school, gallery, and fitness classes.
- Plan, design and draft bi-weekly online e-newsletters.
- Manage the membership database and assist membership recruitment.
- Assist with monthly Gallery exhibitions.
- Assist with the production of the Old Town Art Fair as required.
- Support committees, members, volunteers, and guests.
- Assist with general operation of the OTTA office and Center.
Qualifications: This position requires strong interpersonal skills, strong writing skills and a background in website management (some coding is essential). Familiarity with not-for-profit organizations, fundraising efforts, and working for volunteer boards is a plus. Experience in Microsoft Office and Access is necessary. Hours are flexible and include some evenings and weekends.
Ideal candidate will have:
- one to three years of work experience in an office setting,
- excellent organizational and planning skills, and
- strong written and verbal communication ability.
Reporting: This position reports directly to the Operations Director and indirectly to the Board of Directors of the Old Town Triangle Association.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – no phone calls please.