The Old Town Art Fair (OTAF) is one of the few Chicago street fairs that is completely planned, staffed and managed by volunteers. Each year, a group of 30 neighbors gather to plan the Old Town Art Fair and we rely on the help of over 750 volunteers to staff the event.
We would love to welcome you to our volunteer team! We need help in the following areas:
- Booth Sitting: These volunteers assist our artists by looking after their booth while they take a short break to visit the food court or survey the fairgrounds. These volunteers generally work 2-3 hour shifts.
- Gate Captain: These volunteers oversee activity at our seven entrance gates. Gate captains are responsible for staffing a portion of their gate. Training is provided at a workshop in early June. Gate captains work from 9am-6:00pm.
- Gate Volunteer: These volunteers greet OTAF patrons, distribute programs, and collect donations. These volunteers generally work 2-3 hour shifts.
- Merchandise Volunteer: These volunteers staff our popular merchandise tables, selling OTAF apparel, souvenirs and posters. These volunteers generally work 2-3 hour shifts.
- Artists' Aid: These volunteers circulate through the Art Fair with wagons delivering water and refreshments to grateful artists.
- Traffic Committee Get up early on Saturday, June 8th, and help the artists achieve an efficient set up by maintaining an orderly traffic flow of artists in and out of the fairgrounds.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Old Town Art Fair, please fill out the form below. Required fields are in blue.
For more information, please contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please indicate your preferred date (June 8th or June 9th), time (9:30am-12:30pm, 12:30-3:30pm, 3:30-6:00pm) and volunteer placement.