Info For Artists Applying to the 2013 Old Town Art Fair
APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED
Exciting changes are in store for the 2013 Old Town Art Fair!
The Old Town Art Fair will be held June 8-9, 2013. Applications for the 2013 Fair are now being accepted until December 15, at www.zapplication.org.
The Old Town Art Fair is a fine art show located on the streets, amid the charming homes and leafy parkways, of the historic Old Town Triangle neighborhood on Chicago’s near north side. Picked as one of AmericanStyle Magazine’s Top Ten art fairs, it has been a perennial favorite of artists, art lovers and art buyers since 1948. This volunteer-run event benefits neighborhood groups and schools and the Old Town Triangle Association, presenter of the Fair.
The 64th annual edition promises to be something even more special! Changes are afoot to make this the best Fair ever for our artists and patrons.
- More Openings: In 2013 we are opening 50% of our spaces to applying artists, more than double the number of open spaces last year.
- Fewer Booths: To make sure we have a comfortable environment for all participants, and to reduce the competition for buyers, we are decreasing the number of booths/artists by 16, to 250.
- Better Entertainment: We are ensuring that our music venues and offerings are appropriate to our patronage and environment.
- Better Food: We are re-evaluating our food vendors to make sure the quality of the food is as high as possible for our event.
- Better Outreach: We are formally surveying patrons and meeting with artists to gather information to help improve our Fair, and stepping up our public relations efforts to attract more buyers.
All two- and three-dimensional fine artists who meet the show’s qualifications are invited to apply for this premier event. Please visit www.zapplication.org for details and to complete an application.
Questions? Send us an email at email@example.com.
A separate application is required for each medium for which an artist wishes consideration (this requires a new and distinct profile in ZAPP™).
Two Dimensional Media:
- 2D Mixed Media (includes handmade paper, collage)
- Photography (includes hand-colored)
Three Dimensional Media:
- 3D Mixed Media
- Sculpture (includes work that does not easily fall in any other category)
Fine Art Requirements
- Artwork must be first and foremost an artistic expression. Utilitarian purposes must be secondary.
- The following cannot be exhibited in the Old Town Art Fair:
Books, Buttons, Calendars, Calligraphy, Cards, Candles, Clocks, Clothing, Desk Accessories, Hair Ornaments, Hats, Lamps, Leather Goods, Mirrors, Musical Instruments, Pillows, Planters, Posters, Puzzles, Stationery, Toys, Utensils, and Wearable Art.
- All work must be designed and handmade by the accepted artist, e.g., beads used in jewelry-making must be fabricated by the artist. Production studio work is absolutely prohibited. The display and sale of commercial reproductions of any kind are not allowed.