Points to consider include:
– Please identify yourself as a neighbor and/or Triangle Association Member.
– The building has been in its present location, relatively unaltered, since 1888 (or so).
– The house is Contributing to our landmark district and our listing on the National Register of Historic Places.
– The building is a great example of a Chicago Workman’s Cottage, one of the architectural styles for which our district is known.
– The home is a direct connection to the history of our district.
– The building still has many of its original architectural details evident, including windows, frames and siding.
– The house appears to be in good condition; many OTT residents have preserved buildings in far worse states of repair. (If you’re such a resident, please mention that!)
– The Triangle is a neighborhood proud of its heritage, and we greatly value every building that contributes to it. We strongly oppose the demolition permit being granted.